Michal Taylor, DC has successfully practiced chiropractic medicine for over 15 years. The goal is to enable your body to heal itself by administering specific chiropractic adjustments. The chiropractic approach to better health is to locate and remove interferences (like subluxations and misaligned vertebrae) to your nervous system. With improved spinal function, there is improved nervous system function enabling the body to heal.
Chiropractic medicine is successful with a very wide variety of health problems, including those which are not necessarily considered "back" problems.
All chiropractic care begins with an initial examination, after which x-rays may be recommended to determine the seriousness of your condition. In addition to being adjusted, you may be given helpful at home exercises to do, dietary suggestions, and ways to improve your posture.
1) Relief Care: The first phase of care is referred to as Relief or Acute Chiropractic Care. This is designed to eliminate or reduce the majority of the discomfort and stabilize the condition in the shortest amount of time. This chiropractic care phase typically involves repeat visits aimed at reducing or eliminating the symptoms.
2) Rehabilitative Care: The objective of the Rehabilitative Chiropractic Care phase of your treatment program is to correct any underlying spinal injury as well as strengthening the muscles, improve spinal function and provide more complete or optimum healing of tissues and organ systems. Visits occur at a reduced frequency, and care is supplemented by exercises and modification of your daily and work habits. Remember, when an individual seeks the professional services of an experienced chiropractor, many of the conditions they exhibit have been developed over many years and therefore takes time to correct.
3) Maintenance & Wellness Care: The third and final option available is Chiropractic Maintenance or Wellness Care. This treatment phase is designed to maintain your improved health and spinal function, and prevent the return of the original condition once spinal correction has been attained. Regular attention catches small problems before they become serious. Prevention saves time and money by helping you stay well.
Michael Taylor, DC and the staff at Taylor Rehabilitation and Wellness Center utilize a number of Therapies in order to complement and enhance the benefits of Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy, to increase circulation and reduce swelling of injured tissues and to relax spastic muscles and relieve pain. These therapies include:
- Interferential Therapy
- Low Intensity Light Therapy
- Intersegmental Traction
- Manual Muscle Stimulation
- Heat Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise